So I just got back from the Pixar Master Class that was held in Austin over this weekend.
IT. WAS. AMAZING.
~Atlantistel and I had a lot of fun and getting to spend time with mom, too, was absolutely excellent. And on top of just having the class for two days with Matthew Luhn and Andrew Gordan, we also got to see the largest urban bat colony in the country take to the skies last night. It. Was so cool. They're off to aid Batman. 8T
But yeah, so, that was my weekend.
Also: bad news. I'm on a 30 day trial for photoshop because I wasn't able to deactivate it before my laptop's harddrive was erased. So, this is annoying. >_> ...I guess I'll have to go back to using CS instead of CS5. Look into getting some student discounts on CS4, maybe. Whatever works. As long as it doesn't cut me off entirely, because, that'd just be freaking annoying.
Anyway, I really don't have much to say. xD I'm sure I'll mentally invent crap to talk about tomorrow, but, until then, ignore me.
OH WAIT, but tagged me
1) Post rules
2) Tell ten things about yourself
1. I can sing the entire "Water Buffalo Song" song ( [link] ) word for word. I know every single word. Yes. That includes the narrator introduction, Larry's part, Alfred's interruption, the narrator's closing, and the last bit. I don't know exactly how I memorized it, considering I haven't seen the song in a LONG time, but, I can. And I enjoy singing it when I'm bored.
2. I really don't like bright or heavily saturated colors. I prefer darker ones or ones that have been toned down. Anything bright, neon, or heavily saturated can give me a headache if I'm around it too long.
3. I love horror, but normally regret exposing myself to it. My brain still can't handle it's own thought processes once the lights go out and I'm left to my own devices in my room. ...it doesn't help that I'm the ONLY person in the family who sleeps on the 1st floor, either. If I want to curl up on Katie's floor for companion purposes, I have to have the courage to cross the living room and run up the stairs that are in front of the front door, first. ...I know, I'm a complete wimp.
4. My favorite Pixar movie is "The Incredibles", closely followed by "Monster's Inc". Part of it is because it's a superhero movie, part of it's because it's freaking amazing, and another part of it is because my dad took me out to see it for a father/daughter date when it first began showing in theaters. We both love it and if he sees me popping it into the DVD player, he'll almost always plop down on the couch and watch it with me. So, it means a little more to me because of that.
5. While I wouldn't consider myself an avid Harry Potter fan, I do really love the series. I've read up to half-way through book 5 (couldn't bring myself to finishing it on account of Harry's craptastic attitude) and I've seen the first 4 movies, parts of the 5th one, none of the 6th, and the first part of the 7th. I'm going to the midnight showing of the final movie with ~Atlantistel, ~Elfpen and her sisters. And I am a very proud Ravenclaw. 8]
6. I love sushi. And I love wasabi. The stuff has cleared my sinuses to the point my eyes have watered SO MANY TIMES, but, good LORD, is it good. I've discovered eel is also delicious. e__e ...auugh, seafood. You are my love. ...I also refuse to eat sushi with anything other than chopsticks. I have become quite good at using them, I think.
7. This new username, when spelled correctly ( valravn ), is the name of a supernatural raven from Danish folklore. I wanted to continue using a 'raven' theme with my usernames since the raven is my Native American symbol. It seems to follow me places, too (I'm in Ravenclaw, haha). Thank !feihcsim for supplying the idea/legend. The other username option was going to be Corvirae, which was taking the scientific class that ravens and crows are in--Corvidae--and replacing the "d" with an "r".
8. "The Beauty and the Beast" used to terrify me as a child, but now it's one of my all-time favorite movies. The opening never fails to give me chills and I always find myself completely and utterly absorbed in every aspect of it no matter how many times I watch it.
9. I've decided that everyone working at DC comics is slowly going crazy on laughing gas. Seriously. Winick. You let me down, man. You freaking let me down. Just....seriously. ...I guess I should be happy that Jason's getting his black hair back, but, you really just ruined crap for me. At least I've been given plenty of reasons to ignore most of Jason's continuity the last few months and go with my own stuff.
10. Someday I really want to cosplay as Phantom with either !feihcsim as Red Hood or ~caymalin as Rockhide. IT WILL HAPPEN SOMEDAY. It will, dangit.
THAT IS ALL. I'm going to bed now.